Well Planned Day

Monday, November 10, 2008

Dreaming of Christmas

I love Christmas. Have I already told you that? I love Christmas because it is a celebration of my Savior's birth. I also love the traditions that we use to celebrate Christmas. I love baking Christmas cookies, I love mailing and receiving Christmas cards, reading Christmas books to my boys, singing Christmas carols and hymns, decorating, parties and so much more.

The part of Christmas that is in the back of my mind is Christmas cookies. My mom gave me a love for this. (Thanks, mom!) Always a great cook & baker, she makes the yummiest Christmas cookies.

I love making a different type of cookie almost every day, starting sometime in November. I will freeze most of them and when Christmas is upon us, I'll pull them out and make cookie plates for our friends, family and neighbors.

So, here are my blog challenges for you:

1. Leave me a comment with your favorite Christmas cookie recipe. Or you can email it to me. I'll share all the recipes I get.

2. Let me know if you would like to join me and my friends by writing Christmas cards to families of deployed soldiers at Ft. Sill. Amanda's goal is 2,000 and I would like to commit (with my friend's help) to 100 or more. Please leave me a comment if you would like to commit to do this &I will send you more information. If you are willing to even write 5 or 10 extra cards this year...it will be so appreciated!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenn, the kids and I would love to help with the Christmas Cards to deployed Soldiers-as that's something that's near and dear to us....when do you need them? We'll just buy a box while we're out and try to work on those this week. K. Ryan/MYHELP