Well Planned Day

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 17 - Love Promotes Intimacy

He who covers an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends. ~Proverbs 17:9

Marriage is the most intimate of all human relationships.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear. ~1 John 4:18

The atmosphere in your marriage should be one of freedom. Welcome them in - warts and all. Loving them well should be your life's work.

No one knows you better than God.

You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, You know it all. ~Psalm 139:2-4

And yet He loves me at a depth we cannot begin to fathom. We should - as imperfect people - reach out to our spouse in grace and understanding, accepting them.

The reality of intimacy always takes time to develop, especially after being compromised.

TODAY'S DARE

DETERMINE TO GUARD YOUR MATE'S SECRETS (UNLESS THEY ARE DANGEROUS TO THEM OR TO YOU) AND TO PRAY FOR THEM. TALK WITH YOUR SPOUSE, AND RESOLVE TO DEMONSTRATE LOVE IN SPITE OF THESE ISSUES. REALLY LISTEN TO THEM WHEN THEY SHARE PERSONAL THOUGHTS AND STRUGGLES WITH YOU. MAKE THEM FEEL SAFE.

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine. ~Song of Solomon 6:3

1 comment:

Barbie said...

When we were doing the study of Power of a Praying Wife my hubby shared many things with me by the questions that we had to answer... I did ask permission to share with you all....I learned alot about my sweet hubby during that time.