Well Planned Day

Monday, November 24, 2008

Day 19 - Love is Impossible

Let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. ~1 John 4:7

The Love Dare starts with a secret: you cannot manufacture unconditional love (agape) out of your own heart. It's impossible. It's beyond all our capabilities.

You can demonstrate kindness and unselfishness in some form. You may learn to be more thoughtful and considerate. But sincerely loving someone unselfishly and unconditionally is another matter altogether.

It's the failure that exposes mankind's sinful condition. We've all fallen short of God's commands. ~Romans 3:23 If you're not right with God, you can't truly love your spouse because He is the Source of that love.

Love is from God. ~1 John 4:7

"Apart from me," Jesus said, "you can do nothing." ~John 15:5

But He also said, "If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you." ~John 15:7

Even at your very best, you are not able to live up to God's standards. But He "is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us." ~Ephesians 3:20

That's how you love your spouse.

TODAY'S DARE

LOOK BACK OVER THE DARES FROM PREVIOUS DAYS. WERE THERE SOME THAT SEEMED IMPOSSIBLE TO YOU? HAVE YOU REALIZED YOUR NEED FOR GOD TO CHANGE YOUR HEART AND TO GIVE YOU THE ABILITY TO LOVE? ASK HIM TO SHOW YOU WHERE YOU STAND WITH HIM, AND ASK FOR THE STRENGTH AND GRACE TO SETTLE YOUR ETERNAL DESTINATION.

This is impossible, but with God all things are possible. ~Matthew 19:26

So, are you enjoying the Love Dare? Are you doing the Dares? What do you think of what you have read? I have done most of the dares. I hope to have a quite time with my hubby on Wednesday night. The Appendix has a section called "20 Questions for Your Spouse". I hope we can start on those. I feel God changing who I am and in turn, my marriage.

Happy Thanksgiving Week!
What are you thankful for?
Brendan and I are going to start a list today and work on it all week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband
my five daughters
my son in laws
my grandsons and granddaughters
my parents
my extended family
God's Grace
My comfortable home
My job
Having love in my life
Having traveled all over
My abilties and gifts
the beautiful earth we all live on
the opportunity we have in America
our country and it's leaders
Holidays :-)
When school is not in seesion
electronic time savers
and
and
and
I can't think of everything, will have to add to

Grandma

amanda said...

such good stuff... I am not doing the dares; not even trying. BUT I have truly enjoyed praying for your marriage as you do them!

I'm thankful...
for God's grace
for His mercies that are new every morning.
for my family, (little and extended)
for my friends.