Well Planned Day

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 9 - Love Makes Good Impressions

So, not many pictures lately. It's been a calm week as far as adventures go. Just hanging out, doing school work, ironing...not very adventurous things! My sis Jessica's due to have her baby any day now...so I'm sure I'll have those pictures to share soon!

Love Makes Good Impressions

Greet one another with a kiss of love. ~1 Peter 5:14

You can tell a lot about the state of a couples relationship from the way they greet one another. Their expression and countenance as well as how they speak to each other. Even more obvious by their physical contact.

Pauls speaks frequently about greetings. Jesus noted on the sermon of the Mount that even pagans speak kindly to people they like. That's easy. But being godly includes being humble and gracious enough to adress your enemies with kindness.

How do you greet neighbors, friends, coworkers? If you're nice and polite to others, doesn't your spouse deserve the same? Times ten??

Do you think about it? The first thing you say to him in the morning, the look on your face when you get in the car, the energy in your voice on the phone. Consider the difference it would make in your spouse's day if everything about you expressed the fact that you were really, really glad to see them.

When someone acts glad to see you, it increases your self-worth, you feel important and valued.

What kind of greeting would make your make feel loved and treasured? How could you excite his various senses with a simple workd, touch, tone of voice? A loving greeting can bless your spouse through what they see, hear and feel.

Think of your opportunities to greet: when they come hone, if you meet for lunch, saying good night, talking on the phone.

It doesn't have to be bold and dramatic everytime. But adding warmth and enthusiasm gives you a chance to touch your mates heart in subtle, unspoken ways.

Love is a choice. Choose love!

TODAY'S DARE

THINK OF A SPECIFIC WAY YOU'D LIKE TO GREET YOUR SPOUSE TODAY. DO IT WITH A SMILE AND WITH ENTHUSIASM. THEN DETERMINE TO CHANGE YOUR GREETING TO REFLECT YOUR LOVE FOR THEM.

2 comments:

Barbie said...

I am going to try to not be on the phone when he comes home... I will stop what I am doing and give him a smile and a kiss. I am thinking this will convey to him that he's important to me... I am happy to see him.

I'll try it tomorrow night and see what happens.

Barbie said...

Oh my, I didn't realize that Jess' baby is due NOW!!! How exciting. Be sure to let us know when she arrives. How exciting for your family. I ♥ babies!!!!