And play with the food that he won't eat!
Brendan made a pyramid for his history lesson
Reading like a good young man
Cameron is proud of himself after climbing into the highchair by himself!
Now, for today's lesson!
Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. ~Romans 12:10
Our culture focuses on appearance, feelings and personal desires as top priorities. Chase the highest love of happiness. The danger of that is painfully apparent inside a marriage.
Opposite of LOVE: SELFISHNESS
Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.
When a wife complains about the time and energy she spends meeting the needs of her husband, that's a sign of selfishness.
Love "does not seek its own" (Corinthians 13:5)
Loving couples are (should be) bent on taking good care of the other flawed human they get to share life with. That's because true love looks for ways to say "yes".
Ironic Aspect: Even generous actions can be selfish if the motive is to gain bragging rights or receive a reward.
Put the happiness of your partner above your own....(because) love leads to inner joy. A fulfillment that can not be duplicated by selfish actions. This is a benefit GOD created.
Remember your partner also has the challenge of loving a selfish person. So determine to be the first to demonstrate real love to them.
Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves. ~Philippians 2:3
TODAY'S DARE
WHATEVER YOU PUT YOUR TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY INTO WILL BECOME MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU. IT'S HARD TO CARE FOR SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT INVESTING IN. ALONG WITH RESTRAINING FROM NEGATIVE COMMENTS, BUY YOUR SPOUSE SOMETHING THAT SAYS, "I WAS THINKING OF YOU TODAY".
This at first, seems super easy for me. I LOVE shopping for others. But, I want to give this lots of thought to make sure it's something that HE will really like, not just my usual treats that I buy for him. Hmmmm....
3 comments:
hmmm indeed.
(p.s. cute pics, and true to your title - always, always, always and adventure up there)
I hope you came up with something great.
and, have you seen that movie yet???
still praying for you
♥ amanda
Yes, always an adventure. God is good!
Didn't do to well on the challenge. I bought him some snack food that he loves (that I don't, and don't usually buy) but I want to do better. I'll keep thinking on this one!
Haven't seen the movie yet. :-(
Okay, I am still here.. I know I haven't posted in a bit... sorry about that. Hubby being away makes it more challenging to do the love dares.... if I do them all when he gets home he will wonder if I bought something and this is my way of breaking it to him... heeeheee. I am writing them down and will incorporate them in with the love dares that I do when he returns.
I have a little more time to think about what I am going to "buy" for him... although he is very easy to please. God sure has blessed me.
Post a Comment