Patience avoids a problem, kindness creates a blessing.
Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man. ~Proverbs 3:3-4
4 BASIC CORE INGREDIENTS
GENTLENESS
Sensitive. Tender. Speak the truth in love.
HELPFULNESS
Meet the needs of the moment. Kindness graces a wife with the ability to serve her husband without worrying about her rights.
WILLINGNESS
Kindness inspires you to be agreeable. Instead of being obstinate, reluctant or stubborn, you cooperate, you stay flexible. Rather than complaining and making excusses, you look for reasons to compromise and accommodate.
INITIATIVE
Kindness thinks ahead, then takes the first step. Greet first, smile first, serve first, forgive first. They don't require the other to get his act together before showing love.
~Good Samaritan, Luke 10~
Enjoyment in marriage is still linked to the daily level of kindness expressed.
She opens her mouth in wisdom and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. ~Proverbs 31:26
It is difficult to demonstrate love when you feel little to no motivation. But love in its truest sense is not based on feelings. Rather, love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward.
TODAY'S DARE
IN ADDITION TO SAYING NOTING NEGATIVE TO YOUR SPOUSE AGAIN TODAY, DO AT LEAST ONE UNEXPECTED GESTURE AS AN ACT OF KINDNESS.
5 comments:
This is getting good... hmmmm what act of kindness can I do for my hubby????
I think the thing to remember here is that it's an act of kindness that he will like; not one that I would think he should like.... example.... I think he should like me getting him a drink where as he would like me giving him a back rub.
Question.... what did you do for your act of kindness????
So far today...
*I warmed up a towel in the dryer for him while he was in the shower
*I made him a hot breakfast
*I did the dishes for him
*I made coffee for him (for tomorrow)
I am getting ready to make his favorite bread that I haven't made in months.
I've enjoyed thinking of things to do for him today!
I think that you have done a great job!! I like the idea of warming up a towel in the dryer for him. I may try that one tomorrow...
Jenn, I am having so much fun praying for you guys and reading your excitement... Good ideas, too.
I love the line "patience avoids a problem, kindness creates a blessing."
good stuff, my friend =)
p.s. I ♥ your new header
Post a Comment