Well Planned Day

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mulberries!

Never noticed that the neighbor's tree that hangs over our backyard produces berries. Lots of them.
Brendan noticed. And thought they tasted good. Figured I should probably find out what they are!
Thanks to my smart friends and family on Facebook, we learned (quickly) that they are mulberries. Never had a mulberry before. I wasn't keen on the taste but Bren and Cam were.

So Brendan collected a bucket full of them and then requested pie.

Don't laugh at my lattice work. This is only my second pie ever AND there really wasn't enough dough for lattice work.

So, I made my second-ever homemade pie crust with mulberries. It was DELISH! Bren's ready for me to make another pie. We'll see!!!

4 comments:

amanda said...

I wish your blog was scratch and sniff...

if you hadn't said anything about the lattice work, I wouldn't have noticed.

Barbie said...

Looks yummy. I don't think I have ever had mulberries, either. Good job on the pie.

Too cute that your boy is reqeusting a pie!!!

Always an Adventure said...

Brendan has never liked pie, so it was very odd. Kind of a grown up thing to do, it seems.

Granny said...

Wow, I haven't eaten a mulberry in more years than I want to remember. Sure glad Brendan had such an excelent idea. The pie looks wonderful. AGAIN, PawPaw has never tried mulberries (those Yankees) but sure thinks he wants to.