Well Planned Day

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Corn Dog Muffins

I found this quick, easy and yummy recipe a couple weeks ago and make them today.

**CHANGES I MADE: I went ahead and made a double batch of homemade corn-muffin batter, added some flax seed and then the cheese. I used my big cookie scoop to fill the greased muffin pans 1/2 full and then added chopped up hot dogs to each cup. This made 36 muffins.

The kids are with Granny but I think they're really going to like these for lunch later this week. JC really liked them.

Corn Dog Muffins

2 (8.5 ounce) packages cornbread mix
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 eggs 1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
9 hot dogs, cut in half

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease muffin tins.

Stir together the cornbread mix and the brown sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Fold the eggs and cheese into the dry mixture until moistened. Spoon mixture into muffin tins until 2/3 full. Add 1 hot dog half to each muffin.

Bake in a preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.

2 comments:

Our Army of Six said...

Thank you for the picture!! I saw this earlier and thought I wish I could see what they looked like. I'm going to give this to Rachel to make for an easy lunch some day. I think my crew will love them!

amanda said...

oh those look so fun! I wonder if I could convince just one other person in this house to try them!