Well Planned Day

Friday, May 21, 2010

Idle Confessions

I do not like to be idle. No, I am not good at it.

That is why the cabin trip was so good for me. There was nothing to do. Maybe I would do better at being idle if we had something good to watch on t.v. But with 3 channels, there really is nothing good on.

Today was errand day. -Tag agency to pay for the van tags -Dropped off a baby gift to the boy's PA (she's having a girl named Kate, 3 weeks after me!) -Target, just for fun -Thrift stores, just for fun -Library -Whataburger for lunch -Mardels -Crest and finally home. Five and a half hours of running around. Whew! That makes for one tired pregnant mamma.

So I put all our goodies away and sat on the couch for a whole 20 minutes. Then I got dinner ready. And I think I sat down for another 20 minutes!

JC & Cameron were outside this evening so I watered my gardens. This one is my most favorite!

I just LOVE my clematis. I also have some watermelon, cantaloupe, cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and mint growing. I hope the fruit does well. What a fun treat that would be this summer!


JC started work on helping me reupholster the rocking chair Margaret gave me. It's in great condition except the seat was awfully lumpy and a bit ragged. (I didn't get a before picture of the chair...oops!)


Here it is without the seat.


It had springs but we switched it out for a board with foam.
Brendan visited a friend this evening, so Cameron was on his own for entertainment.


Here is the foam I used and the fabric I picked out.


I had never recovered or reupholstered anything before. But thanks to You Tube and blogs, there was lots of instruction out there for me.


And here is the finished chair...


Then I made a french toast casserole using this recipe as a base and quite a few changes!


But wait. The chair wasn't finished! I had enough fabric left over that I was going to make a pillow. But then it was the perfect size for a back cushion for the rocker. So, I whipped that up.

It was a day full of accomplishments. I'll pay the price tomorrow I'm sure. Maybe I'll stay in bed a little extra in the morning and read one of those books I picked up at the library. Yes, maybe I will.

19 days...

6 comments:

Barbie said...

What a productive day. I love the rocking chair... very nice!!!

Get yourself a good book.... and rest. Once your princess arrives... there will be little rest.

Leslie said...

Wow! YOu were busy! I love the fabric you chose & the chair looks awesome! (BTW, I know you don't have cable but you can find lots of shows online! Just a thought...)

Granny said...

J.C.'s Dad and I bought the chair at an antique auction in Shawnee while I was pregant with him. I loved it from the moment I saw it. I love it all the more now.

Our Army of Six said...

I LOVE the chair. That looks amazing!! We do a french toast casserole here too. We love it. Anytime Rachel or I mess up when we bake bread, we always turn it into french toast casserole and you'd never know I messed it up ;)

amanda said...

seriously, have I not been nagging you enough about resting?

but, wow, that chair looks AWESOME! you did a super job! and the fabric is perfect. I bet you grin a little every time you look at it...

now stop looking at it, put your butt in it and set a timer for an hour. (i dare you to try it).

one day at a time. you'll make it!

Michelle Murphy said...

Seriously, that chair is so stinkin' cute!! Jenn, you rock! I'd tell you to rest, but I think I'd be wasting my breath. I can't wait to hold sweet baby Cait. Love you!