So I called my dear friends at Gordon White Lumber Company to see if we could borrow their cabin in Davis, OK.
It was available and they kindly allowed us use of it.
After my doctor okayed me for travel Friday afternoon, Brendan and I loaded up the van, picked up JC from work and headed south.
The first picture is from the deck. Everything was beautiful, so many green trees!
And here's a picture of the deck. We ate all our meals out here and this was often the play area for the boys.

Of course, the boys found all sorts of sticks to play with. Here Brendan is fitting to size a walking stick for Cameron.
They were wonderful sons who played well together all weekend!
Daddy took them fishing several times. Brendan caught a small fish, I'll try to post that picture later.
Besides making meals and cleaning up before we left, I did very little. I read a book and watched t.v. (mostly the food network! Oh how I miss it!) I enjoyed having "nothing" to do!
Lunch on Saturday consisted of roasted hot dogs and chips with chocolate chip cookies for dessert!
JC has been awfully busy and hasn't grilled much this spring. I think he enjoyed grilling twice on Saturday!
We grilled corn on the cob for dinner on Saturday. The guys were kind enough to shuck the corn for me. Cameron was quite interested in this process!
Before dinner, we headed into Sulphur. We drove around the Chickasaw National Recreational Area. We have always enjoyed visiting this park when we're in the Davis/Sulphur area.
I don't think we've ever seen this buffalo pin before, though. They were pretty close to the fence. It was fun to watch them.
You know how hard it is to capture this one on the camera...
I thought this was a great shot of the lad.
This was the stream outside the Wildlife Center. Unfortunately, we arrived about 10 minutes before it closed.
Across from there is Little Niagara. It is VERY COLD spring water. Each time prior, Brendan has dived in this area. During the summer. When the temp is 90+ outside and the water is still frigid.
No swimming this time!
JC's birthday dinner (early): grilled T-Bones fresh from the farm, corn on the cob, cheese potatoes. Peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream for dessert.
It was a grand time for all. We made it home Sunday just in time for our Dave Ramsey class, just missing the terrible storm that came through.
We're down to 23 days until the due date. Everything is ready for baby so now we're just waiting, resting and enjoying life before she arrives.
3 comments:
I am so happy that you were able to have a family getaway!! Davis cabin..I think there are some memories there... hee hee.
Love the pic of Bren...what a cutie. He sure is getting tall.
Cam is a sweetie as usual... very curious, eh?
Family time is the best!!!!
That looks like such a fun family time! LOVE the picture of Brendan measuring the walking stick for Cam.
The birthday dinner sounds delish, Yum. You had me at steak.
So very glad you were able to rest and just enjoy being together. And that you snapped some great pictures to cherish!
Wow, What a weekend! The picture of Brendan is worth framing...it is hard to catch him cooperating with the camera. Boy, did PawPaw think he needed to share that birthday dinner.
Post a Comment