We LOVED the Keynote speaker, Todd Wilson, and heard him again after lunch. We got his third talk on CD since we only had a couple hours to shop.
We purchased Bren’s NINTH GRADE!!! curriculum and several additional things…books for JC & I, a 6-series novel set for Brendan that is based on the bible but written in medieval times, and a couple other things. There is so much good stuff out there.
It was an exhausting day though. We started around 9 a.m. and picked up the boys around 6:30 p.m. I also received news about by Grampa Cooper's passing on Friday; that made the day even more exhausting, emotionally.
On Saturday we went back to pick up Brendan's art work. Brendan received 5th place on his art work! YAY! Don't you just LOVE how enthusiastic Brendan looks???
3 comments:
Yay Brendan! I'm about to start piecing together Rachel's 8th grade work and COnnor's 6th grade. Hard to believe they're that old! I forget if I already asked you this, and forgive me if I have, but what are you doing for Brendan for 9th grade.
Kathy, we are using Teaching Textbooks for math, our 3rd year with them.
For Language Arts & Science we purchased PAC Works. I had never heard of them until a month ago, but I really like the way they present the work.
We bought Vision Forum's DVD/CD/Workbook set on World History when it was on sale and we'll use that for his history this year.
I purchased The Well-Guided High Schooler to keep his records in. It's a nice binder and I hope it will help me stay some what organized during the high school years.
For electives, we're doing art, bible and probably PE. He wants to do Latin as his foreign language but we'll put that off until next year. I think we'll have our hands full as it is.
Yay for Brendan! Congrats!
Tell me you didn't purchase the TT Math?!! We'll have to talk.
BTW, Cameron loves Chuck Black's books! He's read all of the Kingdom series and is about half way through his new series. Brian bought the audio books for Chris and he's really enjoying them, too!
Post a Comment