Well Planned Day

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Week '08

I told you I love taking pictures. Well, we returned from our Christmas week with 399 pictures & videos on my camera. I'm so thankful that JC bought me the larger memory card last year!!!



I found this cute quilting idea that uses scraps of fabric. I have TONS from making nursing covers. Here is my first quilted kitchen towel.






Margaret had a great idea that we could make marmalade from oranges they received. So, the day before Christmas Eve, I began the process. After cutting, peeling, more cutting, and then boiling, the recipe had to sit over night. So Christmas Eve morning, we were back to making marmalade. The recipe said 20 minutes but it took about 3 hours to get the jelly to the right temperature! Not what we had expected to do all morning!!!

BTW, if you like marmalade and have not already received a jar, let us know! We still have A LOT!!!

Christmas Eve we spent time with the family at Leslie's house before heading to my grandparents. Isabella loves her Brendan!


And look how cute Les is?! 5 months pregnant!

We had a great time opening presents at home

How appropriate is this shirt Brendan got Cameron for Christmas?! Of course, Cami has learned to "cheese" from Bella!








Since Cami loves to help me in the kitchen, I couldn't pass up this "Chef in Training" apron for him.


Then we had Christmas with my family. Here's pictures from Baby Taelyn's first Christmas





Papa & Cami having some fun!


Isabella had fun opening her gifts!


Then we drove to Lawton for Christmas dinner. We were blessed with a beautiful sunset over the mountains as we arrived in town.





Brendan teaches Cameron to shave with Cameron's new shave kit


Boys!


Papa & Cameron share Papa's Starbuck's truffles. That's a nice Papa!!!


Rockin' out to Guitar Hero Wii


Cameron thought Papa needed to shave too





We stayed up one night to put together our new 3D puzzle of the US Capital.




Our last day in Lawton was SO BEAUTIFUL that we went out to the Wildlife Refuge for a picnic. Can you see Cameron's sandwich in his front loader?!


Bren lookin' every bit of a cool teenager


Granny & her boys


We even got to see some buffalo


Cameron LOVED climbing around on Mt. Scott. This was his first time he's been old enough to!



Bren always does!
Look close. Do you see them WAY down there?


Here they are, zoomed in!


And back home for New Years Eve. We had a nice dinner with the family at Leslie's house.


Bella given Taelyn some lovin'

Happy New Year to you all!

4 comments:

Barbie said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love all of the pics.

I didn't realize Leslie was so far along... time really does pass quickly.

Have a blessed new year.

Barbie said...

I haven't ever made marmalade... you are adventerous.

amanda said...

jenn, it is so hard for me to wrap up a concise comment when there are SO many pictures. The kitchen towel was very cute. I cannot believe you put tht WHOLE puzzle together OH MY!

many other thoughts, too many words. maybe i'll come back and comment again later =)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Checked with my few friends who still make jellies. They all agree..anyone who makes orange marmalade is a "true cook". I think what they were trying to say is "you are the BEST"