Well Planned Day

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Back to the Love Dare

We're back home and back to routine for at least a week and a half!!!

Here's more pictures of the boys playing in Granny's dirt pile:





What a great time I had catching up with the greatest friends in the world!


I have to show you one of my great thrift store finds. I bought a bag of cards for $3. I couldn't really tell what was in it but when I got home, I found that it had about 30 handmade, very cute cards! Yay!


I had fun taking pics of my sister and her family on Sunday. Here are just a couple of them.






Love Dare
Day 28 - Love Makes Sacrifices

He laid down His life for us. We should also lay down our lives for our brothers. ~1 John 3:16

Life is hard.

Love wants you to be sensitive to your spouse.

Love inspires you to say "no" to what you want, in order to say "yes" to what your spouse needs.

Jesus "laid down His life for us" to show us that "we should also lay down our lifes" for others.

He taught us the evidence of love is found in seeing a need in others, then doing all we can to satisfy it.

For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me. ~Matthew 25:35-36

Is he "hungry" - needing you sexually, even when you don't feel like it?

Is she "thirsty" - craving the time and attention you seem able to give everyone else?

Does he feel like a "stranger" - insecure in his work, needing home to be a refuge and sanctuary?

Is she "naked" - frightened or ashamed, desperate for the warm covering of your loving affirmation?

Is he feeling "sick" - physically tired and needing you to help guard him from interruptions?

Does she feel in "prison" - fearful and depressed, needing some safety and intervention?

The words "How can I help you?" need to stay fresh on your lips.


TODAY'S DARE

WHAT IS ONE OF THE GREATEST NEEDS IN YOUR SPOUSE'S LIFE RIGHT NOW? IS THERE A NEED YOU COULD LIFT FROM THEIR SHOULDERS TODAY BY A DARING ACT OF SACRIFICE ON YOUR PART? WHETHER THE NEED IS BIG OR SMALL, PURPOSE TO DO WHAT YOU CAN TO MEET THE NEED.

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. ~Galatians 6:2

3 comments:

amanda said...

wow.

good stuff tonight.

praying for you...

p.s. your friends are really cute =)

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures Jennifer. You started that love of photography when you were young. I remember the first camera we bought you , and how you always "borrowe" our 35 mm. You are VERY talented at it and I am glad you came back to it as an adult. Not only are you good at it, but you bless so many people with your talent!!!

Love you, Mom

Barbie said...

I agree with your mom... you are very talented. Love the pics. Also, agree with Amanda... you do have cute friends.
We'll have to get together again soon.