Well Planned Day

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Reviewing 2008

Marty Grubbs at Crossings Community Church inspired me many years ago to review the closing year and dream about the upcoming year and years. Here is what JC & I have come up with.

Things we accomplished in 2008
Joined The Bridge
Found a great Sunday school class
Began homeschooling
Joined My Help homeschool group
Started this blog
JC survived his first year teaching
Jenn became an Uppercase Living demonstrator
We saw Brendan become a teenager
Made improvements to our house
Planted a veggie garden
Jenn read a record amount of books in 1 year (45)
Continuing to become a stronger family

Things we could have done better in 2008
Time management -JC working less -Jenn less time on the computer
Better organized
Not enough time sitting at the feet of our Creator (thanks for the great wording, Barb!) -Reading the Bible -Prayer
Investing more time into our marriage
JC: reading more for enjoyment

Things we would like to see happen in 2009
More time to improving relationships with the Lord and our marriage
Travel more
Become more healthy
Organize garage (get the car in!!!)
Manage time better
Enjoy a simpler life (more homemade, conserve more, shop/spend less=save more!)
JC: find time for a hobby/craft
JC: Find contentment with work
Jenn: Become a Senior Demonstrator with Uppercase Living

Things we want to see happen in the next 5 years
Brendan & JC build a truck/car for Brendan
Student Loans paid off - be DEBT FREE!
12 months of pay in savings
More Travel! -Another Cruise and or visit Europe or the Mediterranean -Spend a summer by/on the sea
Brendan graduate High School and on to college
Purchase a new family vehicle (without debt)

4 comments:

Barbie said...

What a great way to reflect. I may have to use that in years to come.

You were a busy family in 2008. Imagine....when I met you, you weren't pleasure reading at all and last year you read 45 books. WOW!!! I haven't ever kept count of the books that I read.

You have great goals for 2009. May God continue to bless you all.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always an Adventure said...

I didn't mention that YOU, Barb, are the reason I began reading for pleasure! Thank you for always inspiring me! You rock!

amanda said...

that was a tremendous list - I love that you include the things you could've done better. Such a smart way to break it down. I might see if brad will collaborate on an emailed list (not holding my breath...)

i have yet to write my new year's post.... still recovering.

glad to have been along the journey with you guys! and to continue to be...

Anonymous said...

You guys have learned that setting goals and then putting the effort into them, is how to be successful. We pray that 2009 will bring your goals into a closer walk for you both. I am very proud of you!!! Granny has goals for 2009 too. And they sure include my most excellent family.