Well Planned Day

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Enjoying Each Day

If you haven't already noticed, I am behind on my Love Dare reading. It's okay though. I will pick it back up in a day or two. We are just enjoying each day the good Lord has given us. My heart is full of joy.

I took the boys to Lawton this week to see Granny & Papa Richard. We didn't get down for Thanksgiving and we needed make up for it.

We didn't do much of anything. Brendan helped Granny put up her Christmas tree. I rested and enjoyed visiting with Margaret & a little with Amanda.

Cameron said every day, "I want to go to Granny's dirt pile". So, here's a picture of us walking to the dirt pile. (Not often I make it into the blog!)


Even Brendan played a little with us. Here he is: King of the Mountain!


It was chilly but Cameron DID NOT care! He was upset each time I made him come inside and warm up!


One of the days, I was putting Cameron down for a nap. I told him I loved him.

He said, "I love you, more."

I asked him where he had learned that. He said, "From Jesus."

(Heart-warming "Ahhh")

I told him, "I love you more."

He said, "Don't say it to me"

When I read that Mary pondered things in her heart, I wonder if this is what it might have felt like, on a smaller scale, of course!


I left the boys in Lawton on Friday. I had to come renew my driver's license. NOTE: Do not let yours expire! What a pain!!! JC & I went to our Sunday School's Christmas party Friday night.

Saturday JC worked some more on the side of the house. I cleaned up the house and worked on Christmas cards.

Those that know me well, know that it's a rare dessert that I would choose over chocolate. Every once in a while, I'll eat carrot cake or a good bread pudding. I like cheesecake, too. But chocolate BY FAR is my favorite! All that to say...I would never bake lemon cookies if I didn't love my husband, and his mother! So, these are for you two!!! (I do have to admit, they taste pretty good!)


Last night, we went out for fajitas and came home to watch a movie. JC even made a fire for us! How cozy!!! (Amanda, can you see the couch? You'd asked before where we put it.)



After a quite day today, I'll head back to Lawton. I do miss my boys but have also enjoyed some quite time working around the house and enjoying my hubby!

3 comments:

Barbie said...

Cameron loves the dirt pile. So does Logan. (What a great idea Margaret.)

I think it is a great idea to make a batch of cookies each day aqnd freeze them. If only I had room in the frezer(that's a blessing that I am NOT complaining about). Not much room with once a month shopping/cooking.

See you later today. Be safe on the road.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are following one of our family traditions, making a new recipe of cookies each day and saving them up. They make the prettiest gift trays when you have so many to plate up.

I am proud of your cooking abilites. It's nice to know something we did together when you were a child , stuck:-) and in a good way.

Love you

mom

amanda said...

such fun times!

I see the couch location... so, is the computer still right there??? hmmm, I may have to come north to investigate this further...

those lemon cookies look yummy!