Well Planned Day

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Day and Cool Zoo Days

One night, in the last week or so, JC & Cameron had a little duel outside while I watched the beautiful Oklahoma sunset.


Last week I enjoyed the cool, quiet mornings with a hot mug of coffee. Apparently I wasn't the only one enjoying it.


The boys were well-off this Valentine's Day. First gifts from Gramma & Papa (he didn't really want to show me his treat...he knew he'd have to share!)


The Nerf guns were a hit. No pun intended.


Cameron was enthralled with his card



Even more so with his dino!



Then to Lawton to share Valentine's Day and Papa's birthday with Granny and Papa. Brendan got Narnia for the Wii and loves it!






Papa Richard had a little trouble blowing out his trick candles, so Brendan pitched in


I am the party coordinator for our homeschool co-op parties. Here are the Valentine's I made for the boys to hand out. Great idea but no matter how much tape I used, the kept unraveling! Frustrating!!!


Here's my box of supplies for the party


Cameron decorating his Valentine bag at the party. Our party was actually Monday...


Me and the boys

Mondays in January and February are free days at the Okc Zoo. So, after our Valentine's Day party, we decided it was nice enough to take advantage of the free day. Besides, I was too pooped to go home and do any real work.
We saw lots of animals and had a great time. We all love the zoo, and I love taking pictures of all God's wonderful creations!!!




The elk was awfully playful and loved our attention!













Okapi






1 comment:

amanda said...

seriously, i hate cats... but that is THE cutest picture.

again with the variety in your post, it makes a scatter-brained girl like me nearly break-down trying to remember all the details...

v-day looked like fun. love Cam looking at his card. those valentine pencils were a very cute idea. (we'll brainstorm a solution for next time).

i love all your zoo pics. i forgot it was free on Mondays in feb. we went last year... i almost let myself get sad about it just now, but this is your blog, so i am putting on a brave face. for real, you took some GREAT pictures... like you could hang them in a zoo-themed bedroom. or whatever.

hope y'all are well. we are.