Here's a box of Oriental ingredients Margaret brought me. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it!
Also in that picture is our Cheesemaking Kit that we can't wait to try out.
Both these recipes were a hit with the fam! Last night, I grilled salmon steaks on the old George Foreman grill. I took Onion & Chive cream cheese (about 1/2 a container) and melted it in the microwave. I added a little water and stirred until smooth. I poured the cheese sauce over the salmon and added halved cherry tomatoes. YUM!
Butterscotch Pudding
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 8
8 TBS Butter
2 C packed Brown Sugar
½ tsp salt
6 TBS Cornstarch
5 C Milk
4 Egg Yolks
1 C Heavy Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
Melt butter in a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add sugar and salt and whisk steadily until dissolved.
In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, ½ cup of milk and yolks. Whisk until smooth.
Pour remaining milk and cream into pan with sugar mixture. Bring to a simmer over med-high heat, stirring constantly.
Pour 1 cup of milk mixture in a very slow stream into bowl with cornstarch mixture whisking constantly and vigorously. Pour cornstarch mixture back into pan, increasing heat to high, bring to a boil and whisk until thickened and smooth, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. (Recipe said strain through a fine-mesh sieve, but I didn’t).
Cover with plastic wrap, pressing lightly so it touches surface of pudding. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until thoroughly chilled and set.
Breakfast Bread
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 90 Minutes
Ready In: 2 Hours
Servings: 15
1 pound sausage
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
2 C shredded Cheddar cheese
1 C chopped green onion
4 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
8 eggs, beaten
3 C milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 inch Bundt. Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion and baking mix. In another bowl, beat together the eggs and the milk. Add the egg mixture to the flour/cheese mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour & 20 minutes to 1 hour & 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove immediately from the pan and cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm. May also be frozen if desired.
We did have a slight set back this week. Cameron's number flashed while we were in the sanctuary Sunday. JC didn't think it was his number but I convinced him to check. Sure enough. Nursery workers gave Cameron animal cookies!!!
I made this great laminated sign for the nursery..."ATTENTION CAREGIVERS..." Even had his picture on it in case it was a new worker. These are the workers that are in there every week. Every week, I would say, "Don't forget he gets his special cookies" and every week they would say, "We know". I didn't tell them this week. I guess they need that weekly reminder after all!!!
3 comments:
Jenn, they have child chef hats at the cake and bakery supply store on 10th street I think near Portland, just east of Aaron's Family DOllar store..... :-)
Love ya, mom
ok, that salmon sounds SO yummy.
I did find the boys' chef hat at a dollar tree but it was two years ago at fall... you never know, if I see one again, I'll call you.
cheesemaking sounds interesting... can't wait to hear how that goes!
are you going to turn into that Proverbs 31 chic again???
Is the cheese making kit an accessory to Cam's space suit(box)??? Hee heee.....
Let me know how it turns out... that sounds like fun.
I have a pattern for a chef's hat but I haven't made it just yet. Don't know how hard it will be to make.
Post a Comment