Well Planned Day

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Test Kitchen: More Product Reviews

Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta
4 Stars
We've tried the Garden Pagodas and the elbow noodles. They are denser than normal wheat pasta but over all pretty good. The first box I made, I followed the directions, drained it and put cheese on it without testing it for done-ness. Big mistake. They weren't cooked enough. So, I will always do a taste test first. Quinoa is super healthy-high in protein and fiber so this is actually a better choice for pasta anyway! They lose a star for being so expensive!

Simply Organic Banana Bread
5 Stars
Easy to make and tasty. Perfect!

Asian Gourmet Cheese Rice Crackers
4 Stars
These are JC's favorite new crackers. Cam's not jazzed about them but we can get them for just over a $1.

Brendan and I been busy this week working on an Essay that he is writing. That and catching up on work around the house. Brendan & I would probably both say its not been a very fun week. Oh well...such is life, right?!

4 comments:

amanda said...

I love the "test kitchen" I feel like some sort of insider... oh great, my dorkiness is showing again...

LOVE the three thumbs up pic below by the way. glad you are finding things that work and hope that you are having fun experimenting.

also, you have totally surpassed my skills with that red ♥ ....

FANTASTIC!

Barbie said...

WOW!!! Do we need to call Food Network???? Is there a new show in the mix here?? No pun intended...hee hee.

I am glad that you are finding things that the family is liking.

Is there a co-op for gluten free food? That may be a little cheaper.

Okay, share the love.... how did you get the ♥ to be red????

Tell Bren that I totally understand... I don't like weeks like that either, but they have to happen. What's the essay on???

This summer I think I am going to have Logan research Columbia where our Compassion Child is living.

Barbie said...

WOW!!! Do we need to call Food Network???? Is there a new show in the mix here?? No pun intended...hee hee.

I am glad that you are finding things that the family is liking.

Is there a co-op for gluten free food? That may be a little cheaper.

Okay, share the love.... how did you get the ♥ to be red????

Tell Bren that I totally understand... I don't like weeks like that either, but they have to happen. What's the essay on???

This summer I think I am going to have Logan research Columbia where our Compassion Child is living.

amanda said...

Jenn, whenever I click over here and you have not updated, I go check out cake wrecks. always good for a chuckle. always.

but I also like when you update your blog. just sayin.