Last Thursday was a rainy and cold day. But the guys packed up their gear and braved the weather to camp at Red Rock Canyon. Cait & I stayed toasty warm at home but got up early to meet the guys around 9 a.m. When we reached the top of the canyon, I took this picture. It doesn't do the site a bit of justice but it was beautiful!
The little ones & I would hang out for the day, watching everyone else rappel.
Cait & Cam had a blast exploring outside all day. We even saw a gopher digging holes.
She takes after her brothers. She LOVES to be outside! And dirty!

I didn't get pictures of Bren rappelling, but I did get pictures of him belaying. He did a great job!
Here's the whole group. It was a fantastic day of great fun. We even roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over a fire for lunch.
Aunt Les & the kids came shortly before lunch and made the day even more fun for Cait & Cam.
See these guys?
Look how high that canyon wall is!

Fun times!
2 comments:
Sure looks like a fantastic weekend! I've NEVER been there. Next time I get to go. Looks perfect for camping. Sure do love Cameron's leaf!! I think it was one of the biggest I have ever seen! He's quite a "hunter-gather".
eeegads that leaf is giant! (I may have misspelled eeeegads!)
what fun! so glad you have a great community around you. Your family is beautiful and adventurous - great combo! Maybe don't tell the guys I used the word beautiful though ;)
Post a Comment