Well Planned Day

Sunday, November 13, 2011

History Comes Alive

Our church mostly comprised of homeschoolers and they try to do a History Comes Alive event each year. The kids (and sometimes adults) pick a character, dress as that character and tell the audience about their character.

Bren isn't so crazy about speaking in front of people so this was a perfect, small event to give him some practice. JC of course wanted to be involved in the fun and they decided to do the Yalta Conference where Roosevelt, Stalin and Churchill gathered to discuss post-war Europe.

They boys and I took off to thrift stores and Hobby Lobby to try to match the Yalta Conference attire. Here is what we started with:
Top left ends up being Stalin's coat; top right is to be Churchill (or ET).
And this one will end up being Roosevelt. Here's what we're going for:
And here's what we came up with:
Well, one can only do so much!!! :) I thought I got video but that is currently in question.

Below, you'll see the entire cast of today's History Comes Alive project. Everyone did a great job!

3 comments:

Granny said...

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cameron is so darn cute in that coat!!!!

Haha, I saw your comment on my blog. =) I'm glad I make you laugh! I love to make people smile.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I just saw your comment on my blog...no, unfortunately, I did not sing when I did Maria von Trapp. The only time I have sang at HCA was when I did Fanny Crosby, and I ended my speech by singing Blessed Assurance.

haha! Tell Cam I said thank you very much! That was probably my favorite costume.

Hey, the Sound of Music IS a war movie!!! ... Kind of. =)