Well Planned Day

Friday, November 4, 2011

Pinterest: Thrift Stores

It's been a long time since I hit the thrift stores. Again, the slump. But Pinterest inspired me and I got out last Sunday for some shopping and found some great deals!!!

Frames for .20¢ each (a Christmas craft I'll show you later) and a wreath for either $1 or .50¢ (I can't remember). I haven't decided on a wreath to make, there are SO many ideas on Pinterest!

I also started a "mud kitchen" for Cam and Cait. Another Pinterest idea. All of those kitchen gadgets, trays and containers were just a couple dollars. The gadgets came in bags for $1 each and I actually got a new set of measuring cups and a couple other nice gadgets for myself before giving the kids these! They are having a blast playing out back with their "mud kitchen"!

And for the love of Cait: Clothes!!! I got 13 clothing items (including Gap, Child's Place, Gymboree, Carters & Old Navy!) for .20¢ each and 2 for .50¢. I also picked up some pillowcases for $1 that I'll use for fabric and a skirt for myself for .20¢! These great baskets were $2 and $4!!!

I had forgotten how much fun a thrift store hunt could be! I returned with great treasures and did little damage to the checkbook. I love being thrifty, it's quite fulfilling!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you and the little kiddos on Sunday!! Did you feel the earthquake???

Our Army of Six said...

I miss my favorite thrift stores there. There aren't any great ones here like that. Can't wait to see what you make!

Leslie said...

where do you go? I went to one for Isabella's costume & it was pricey & horrible selection.

Always an Adventure said...

Best Thrift & Community Thrift (Reno & MacArthur and 23rd & MacArthur) on Sundays. They have certain color tags for 5/$1!