Well Planned Day

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pinterest: Cookies

I saw on Pinterest these beautiful, colorful fall leaf cookies. I took my ever curious and busy 5 year old and with a little help from the 1 year old, we made sugar cookie dough. (Just a recipe found on AllRecipes.)

We divided it up and added food coloring to each group. The dough was sticky so I used clear wrap to help kneed the colors into the dough.

After they sat in the fridge awhile, we broke them into small sections and rolled it out. So colorful!

I have leaf cookie cutter so we made maple leaves, acorns and oak leaves. Cam sprinkled the cookies with sugar crystals before baking.

They turned out so yummy and pretty! We've enjoyed sharing them with friends and family. It was a great day of baking with my kiddos!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Wow,Did Papaw love those "leafs"! Of course every one at work asked about them. And when it comes to Jennifer and Cameron, the bragging gets "deep".

Leslie said...

Isabella would have loved that... she is always bugging me to make sugar cookies. Now she would just want to frost them. ;o)