When JC took the toilet out so I could paint behind it, we made a small discovery. The previous owner had used liquid nails to secure the toilet to the floor (instead of replacing the broken bolts). So, when we pulled up the toilet, it broke some tiles. We couldn't find any matching tiles...so we re-tiled.
Now, keep in mind, the project was started at least 3 weeks before Cameron's 2nd birthday party and the tile issue happens on the Sunday prior to the party! UGH!!!
I painted all the white first and then used painter's tape to cover the white while I painted the brown. When I peeled up the tape, it took up most of the white paint and even began peeling the brown paint! I had to use a razor blade to remove ALL of the tape and then repaint the white!
All new hardware for the cabinets and a really cute bath set (it's sold at Target but I found all of this at a garage sale for $15!).
Oh, Cameron sure loves to help!
And, the day before the party we finally get it all together. Barbie made these CUTE towels for us.
Whew! Glad that's done. Now our bathroom is the nicest room in the house!
3 comments:
WOW!! ♥ ♥ ♥ Love it!!! Good work, lots of work, thankfully the end result makes it worth it, right?? I can't wait to see it, your mirror looks awesome!
AN AMAZING JOB!!! The attention to detail is remarkable.
I love the bathroom.... what a great job. I can't wait to see it in person next week. You have a realy handy hubby.... he's a keeper.
Post a Comment