Well Planned Day

Sunday, July 31, 2011

13 1/2 Months

I realized recently that last month was the first time in 13 months that I didn't do a Baby Cait update! She's not so much Baby Cait anymore; maybe Busy Cait!
She has figured out how to climb onto furniture and does it regularly. She likes being a big girl. Unfortunately, she occasionally gives us a scare. Like 30 seconds after I snapped the picture above, she stood up and flipped the rocking chair back onto the floor!
We finally had to move the lego table. Once she was on the couch, there was no stopping her! It wouldn't be so bad if she would quit sticking small pieces in her mouth!
Daddy has had a lot of adjusting to do while mommy works. One of the biggest transitions is that I was still nursing Cait to sleep for her naps. Now, daddy has to get her down. Above, daddy wasn't quick enough and she fell asleep eating lunch!
I just love this little outfit and her messy hair! She doesn't like wearing bows or clips anymore so it seems it is always in her eyes. Fortunately, that doesn't bother her.
She loves to eat! She eats everything we give her and especially loves fruit. She has a new top and a new bottom tooth this week! We're up to 6 now.
She had her 1 year check up with our PA, Kelly. She is in the 1% on her weight she weighs 17 pounds and she is 29.25" tall (44%)! She is right on track or ahead of schedule on all areas of development. (Cam had his 5 year check up at the same time and weighed in at 32# - 1% and 41" - 14%)
We believe she might be a talker like Cam. She has lots of words already and she isn't even 14 months! She says kitty, dada and that the best. She also says mama (usually only when she really wants me!), eye (as she pokes yours), drink, ball, eat, this, hey, hello and some sort of bubba. I think she might have said granny this week.

She is a lot of fun and she's a sweetie too. She loves on her baby dolls and dogs and cats too. It is precious to see Cam and Cait playing together, Cait often on Cam's lap. She loves to give kisses, mostly by air. Occasionally a sweet one on the mouth. We are looking forward to another year of adventures and changes on her way to two!

4 comments:

Granny said...

It is amazing how fast she has grown and quickly she has turned from baby to little girl! Trust me, she said granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie said...

I'd love to see her sitting on Cam's lap! I bet that is cute! You'll have to snap a picture of it.

Our Army of Six said...

Reminds me so much of Grace. Grace was a tiny, but busy thing! We still had her in her carrier until she was 1 and only moved her out because she was so tall and it seemed weird to have a 1 year old in the infant carrier :) She is just adorable and the boys are such wonderful big brothers. Y'all have 'done good' :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Polliard!!

I miss your posts! Please post soon!! =)

Hey I heard from Jerrett's girlfriend Sam and she said she was going to be mailing the pics from my graduation to me today, so whenever I get them, I will send you the monkey pictures!! =) Haha! That was sooo hilarious! =)

love you guys!
Petie