Well Planned Day

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Master Bath Remodel

For four years, our master bathroom has been a terrible eye sore. Black paint, with silver paint sponged over the top! And to make matters worse, it was partially painted in some spots an off white, but you could still see the black/silver through it! YUCK!
The cabinets were just plain Jane brown...like the rest of the house.
I picked out a light green for the walls (lower right shows it pretty accurately), and got it in Kilz to cover the black. It still took 2 coats! The green overwhelmed me a little so I decided to paint the cabinets a slate gray. There had been paneling in there at one time but JC had to redo some the sheetrock so that came down. There was a noticeable seam where the paneling was so we put gray trim over it and painted the baseboards gray as well. JC sanded and painted the light fixture so it went from rusted brass to a pretty "stainless steel" look.

I put some Uppercase Living slate gray scrolls in the corners of the mirror to add some flair. I also looked high and low for light green and gray fabric for the curtain. I finally found two fabrics that I liked (thank you, Angela F!) and made me some pretty curtains. You can see them in the mirror picture, click on it for a closer look. All in all, I think it turned out really pretty.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

wow! What an improvement!