Well Planned Day

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Tribute

The point of our blog is to share our good times with our friends and family. But today we have sad news. Today, we learned that Baby Christmas is in heaven with Jesus. "Baby Christmas?" you ask? We found out just before Christmas that we were expecting a new little one. We hadn't even shared the news. I had some apprehension about the health of the pregnancy. Just a moms intuition, I guess. On the first, this past Saturday, I began to bleed lightly and by Tuesday the bleeding had become heavier. I got into Dr. Ryan's office today at St. Anthony's Hospital and had an ultrasound and a long visit with his midwife. The baby no longer had a heartbeat and probably hadn't for almost a week and a half. To save all the gory details, I'll say I did completely lose the baby today on it's own. I am thankful for the wonderful staff at Dr. Ryan's office. If this experience could be "good", they helped it be so. I am currently having some pain but I am sitting with JC, Brendan, Cameron and Caitlin, enjoying them all. I know that we will see Baby Christmas some day. I can't wait to meet this child, this part of JC and me. In the mean time, we trust in the Lord to work this for good. (Romans 8:28)

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I am so sad to hear this. I will be praying for your family.

Isn't it funny how our intuition sometimes works? I am glad you had a good experience at the doctor's. I'm sure that helps. Take care of yourself and I pray that you will have a restful recovery.

Kerri

amanda said...

awe, Jenn, I am so sorry for your loss. I really don't have any words for you, but I would sit with you and cry with you if I were there. May God surround you with His comfort. Love you.