Well Planned Day

Monday, January 5, 2009

I NEED STRUCTURE!!!

I do not function well without structure. So, schedules are like a comfortable, fluffy robe on a cold day to me. When JC has a long "vacation" period (Spring Break, Summer Vacation, "Winter" Break), it messes with me pretty bad. I do not function well without structure.

But, this morning we got up and read our devotions together and exercised. It was nice. JC went to work, Brendan had his co-op classes, our day progressed, we had a nice dinner together. Ahhh...I feel better already.

I did have a little fright about 3 p.m. today. My computer crashed and then wouldn't come back up. As soon as JC was out of class, I called to ask his assistance. He kindly told me that our hard drive might have crashed...like...died. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I have never made a back up of My Documents!!!

Fortunately, my husband ROCKS! and he got my computer back up tonight. So, I am currently backing up all 15 GB of My Documents. Gosh, that's a lot of stuff!

And so, Amanda (thank you for asking! ☺), here I am, back on The Love Dare!

Day 31 - Love and Marriage (read 12/27/08)

A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. ~Genesis 2:24

"Leaving" means that you are breaking a natural tie. Your parents step into the roll of counselors to be respected but can no longer tell you what to do.

The purpose of "leaving", of course, is not to abandon all contact with the past but rather to preserve the unique oneness that marriage is designed to capture.

"Cleaving" - clinging to them as your new rock of refuge and safety. This man is now the spiritual leader of your new home, tasked with the responsibility of loving you "just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her" (Ephesians 5:25). This woman is now one in union with you, called to "see to it that she respects her husband" (Ephesians 5:33).

With this process you are now free to become "one flesh".

To achieve oneness in your:
-decision making
-priorities
-sexual affections

TODAY'S DARE

IS THERE A "LEAVING" ISSUE YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BRAVE ENOUGH TO CONQUER YET? CONFESS IT TO YOUR SPOUSE TODAY, AND RESOLVE TO MAKE IT RIGHT. THE ONENESS OF YOUR MARRIAGE IS DEPENDENT UPON IT. FOLLOW THIS WITH A COMMITMENT TO YOUR SPOUSE AND TO GOD TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE THE TOP PRIORITY OVER EVERY OTHER HUMAN RELATIONSHIP.

May they all be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You. ~John 17:21

Day 32 - Love Meets Sexual Needs (read 12/28/08)

The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. ~1 Corinthians 7:3

How beautiful and how delightful you are, my love. ~Song of Solomon 7:6

To keep my blog somewhat PG, you'll have to get the book to read more on this Dare!!! ☺

and finally, today's Dare:

Day 33 - Love Completes Each Other

If two lie down together they keep warm, but how can one be warm alone? ~Ecclesiastes 4:11

God originated the human race with a male and a female - two similar but complementary designs meant to function in harmony.

Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. But woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up. ~Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10

Although our differences can frequently be the source of misunderstanding and conflict, they have been created by God and can be ongoing blessings if we respect them.

TODAY'S DARE

RECOGNIZE THAT YOUR SPOUSE IS INTEGRAL TO YOUR FUTURE SUCCESS. LET THEM KNOW TODAY THAT YOU DESIRE TO INCLUDE THEM IN YOUR UPCOMING DECISIONS, AND THAT YOU NEED THEIR PERSPECTIVE AND COUNSEL. IF YOU HAVE IGNORED THEIR INPUT IN THE PAST, ADMIT YOUR OVERSIGHT AND ASK THEM TO FORGIVE YOU.

Put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. ~Colossians 3:14

2 comments:

Barbie said...

I am withca sista.. I love structure too. I love vaca but I think I love getting back into the swing of things just as much.

I'll comment here on the other post... I just wish I knew how to take a pic on my cell phone. Maybe I should have made that part of my challenge.... learning how to use electronics... heee heee
Love the pics... what great memories.

amanda said...

I, too, like structure, but I am terrible at implenting it myself--I need someone else's schedule... does that make sense?

So glad you are back at the Love Dare, some good topics there - very personal ones - good job on keeping it PG - you don't want freaky folks landing here from google, you know?

continually praying for you..