Well Planned Day

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Camping at Red Rock Canyon - Part 3 of Whirlwind Weekend

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever. ~Isaiah 40:8


The boys came home and slept for about 2 hours on Saturday morning. I woke them up and herded them to the car. We were off to Hinton, OK to meet up with Les, Mike and Bella. They were camping at Red Rock Canyon to celebrate Mike's birthday.

Red Rock Canyon is a beautiful park and I found it extra pretty with it's Fall colors.



Right away, the boys began playing...


In the middle of this picture, you can see Brendan climbing up the red rock in the back ground, while JC starts to pitch the tent.


Mike took Brendan & JC rappeling. What a cool BIL & Uncle!


Here's JC coming down



almost down


Brendan's walking up a narrow walkway on the face of the huge rock!



And here he comes




I tried this a few years ago and found it wasn't my thing. So, we watched!


Here's everyone getting ready for dinner. Camping sure makes you hungry!



It was kind of a chilly weekend! Cameron enjoyed wearing dad's gloves!


Bella & Cam sitting in a alcove in the face of the rock.


Everyone played at the playground before eating lunch and heading home for showers.


Bella pusing Brendan on the swing!


So, it was a super busy weekend but we got to see and do so much. We have been so richly blessed with family, friends and the ability to share such times with both!



Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; if one falls down, his friend can help him up...Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm...A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. ~Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

2 comments:

Barbie said...

That looks like alot of fun. I don't know that I would be good at it, but I bet Lo would love it.

amanda said...

what fun! I am not big into the rock climbing thing because I am too self-conscious about what-on-earth-my-butt-must-look-like-from-below-in-that-harness thing. Do you hate that you have a friend this shallow???

I ♥ the pics in the middle of Cam & Bella -- print those babies for sure!