Well Planned Day

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Brendan's Birthday Celebration

I didn't take as many pictures as I wish I did, but here are some pictures from Brendan's 13th birthday parties...

On Thursday, we ate Chinese food (one of Bren's favorites) with Grandma, Papa, Granny and Papa Richard.
Cameron REALLY likes to dip (anything)! For several days after this, everytime I asked him what he wanted to eat, he asked for egg rolls!

Everyone's trying to help put together the massive Nerf machine gun Brendan got. Cameron's dying to get his hands on it! This thing will shoot 3 bullets a secone (with new batteries!)
Saturday we played Wii at Grandma & Papa's house. Well, Brendan and 2 of his friends played Wii. They also battled each other with Nerf guns.

The yummy cake Grandma made


Happy Birthday to you...
Yay! Brendan got (among other things) Iron Man and lots of Nerf bullets!

I surprised the guys with silly string to play with outside.
We were able to surprise Brendan with this cool wooden sword
After fun and lots of food at Grandma & Papa's, we took Brendan & Zach to Lawton. This is where I somehow didn't get any photos! We got a fire in Granny's fire pit and roasted hot dogs. The Lutz and Clements joined us for a great time. When it got dark, we roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores. It was a great time with great friends! Brendan and Zach camped in the backyard; even managed to stay out all night by themselves!

Sunday, we ate lunch at Ann's and JC took the boys to climb around the boulders at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. They came back quite tired. I think Brendan had a great time celebrating his first teen birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO question!!! Brendan will always have the best of memories of his 13th birthday. Memories he will treasure for the rest of his life.

As for "Momma", I can't imagine how you find the time to do all you do for the family...including that amazing job you did on that cabinet for J.C. But then, I do know...Phil 4:13