Well Planned Day

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Weekend

Saturday was such a great day for our family. It actually started back on the 17th. After a great birthday party, JC opened a letter he received and found out we had "Distinguished Visitor" tickets for the upcoming air show (already on our calendar!). How did we get them? No idea. What did "Distinguished Visitor" mean? Again, no idea.

Arriving at the air show, we were able to park up close in a special area. We were routed through a building to a hospitality room where we were greeted and able to pick up *FREE* snacks and drinks! How nice!

On to the air show. We found a nice, covered area for Distinguished Visitors that was supplied with tables, chairs and a never-ending bucket of ice cold water bottles...again, Free!

We watched about 5 hours of flying under the nice shade...JC occasionally going out of the tent to get a better view. We ate lots of food and had a great time. Since our area was fenced off, Cameron was able to run a bit without us worrying too much.

Brendan & I ran into (almost literally) my grandpa who was working the event. He was driving a golf cart of people some where so we only got to say hello but that was a highlight!

At one point, Cameron was exploring and I was watching from a couple feet. A man who was greeting people picked Cameron up and began talking to him. Much to my surprise, Cameron was quite content with this! After a little chit-chat with each other, I approached and he asked Cameron if I was his mommy. I mentioned to him I was rather surprised that Cam went to him and he said that's because Cameron knew he was safe. He continued to talk to us, telling me what a fine, happy boy I had, etc. He handed Cam back to me and I asked, "What's your name?" He replied, "General Reno". I was pretty embarrassed by his prestigious rank, my frankness and that I didn't know who he was! He was so kind, though. It was a neat little experience for me!

We ate some more and headed home after about 6 hours of the air show. JC was happy. We both wanted to stay and see Tops in Blue but didn't think Cameron would like being restrained any longer.

The DV passes were such a huge blessing! We were able to avoid a lot of the sun, had seating and plenty of water and Cam was able to run. It was an amazing, wonderful blessing from our Lord!

Here's the pictures and videos we took. Enjoy! It's kinda long!!! (But the last 3 pictures are my favorite!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't our God amazing... blessings at an air show. WOW!!! What I love is that you and I had talked about you attending the air show and the heat. Who says God doesn't provide for His children???
A General??? Rubbing elbows with the big wigs now? Just remember they(generals) are people, too.
Glad to hear you all had great family time. That's so important.