Well Planned Day

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Beavers Bend - Day 2

 The early risers. JC and I enjoyed the "quiet" morning with hot tea and the birds. We got to see an Eastern Blue Bird which is a treat for us!

 The kids have enjoyed going across the drive to the play ground next to the cabin we stayed at 1 1/2 years ago.
 I love seeing the logging trucks. I guess it's because I've worked in the lumber industry for 17 years. And it's just something we don't see in our part of the world.
 After breakfast, we took a hike in hopes to see a waterfall we had heard about. It was supposed to be a 1/2 mile in but our 2 hour hike did not produce a waterfall.


 We did see lots of wild flowers, orange mushrooms and beautiful pines.
 This (above) was the outlook where we hraded back down. It was a beautiful view of the lake.
 Seee those trees under water? The lake was completely closed to boats because it was so full!
 The island JC & Bren ate lunch on during our last trip was under water!  After our hike we had a picnic lunch at the nature center.
 Then after resting, we headed out to ride the go-carts. Cam & I took a selfie before the "race".

 I wad worried Lily would be too scared but her smile afterwards proves otherwise!!!
 Cait & Daddy had lots of fun, too!
 The kids shared a sno-cone before going back to thee cabin to grill burgers.
A little hot tub time before bed tonight. It was a fun-filled day!!!  Everyone should sleep really well tonight!

2 comments:

Granny and PawPaw said...

Wow. Looks like a wonderful time. And you are right, the views of the trees and lake, the beautiful flowers - what a wonderful world!!

Paw Paw said...

That top picture - you gotta love a guy with a Bible nearly as big as he is.