Well Planned Day

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Good Times

The past two weeks have been busy with lots of "end of summer" things. Like spending time with family and admiring little babies.  Lily loves babies. She loves to see them in person and on the computer. She loves to yell "baby" except that it sounds a lot like "dada".  It can be confusing.
Cait is always anxious to help in the kitchen. She loves to chop and shred and most importantly, sit on the counter.

The girls are just too cute! What blessings they are.
We finally got a new roof. It wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought it would be, hearing the workers hammer and stomp about.
I found that playing in the sink can keep two little girls occupied for quite some time. And thank goodness for tile, it's not too bad to clean up.
We spent time with our friends, the Bradleys, Thompsons and the Witts, and my grandparents and sister, her kids and cousin Mavy. Cam had his 3rd dental appointment in 6 weeks and we loaded up at the Farmer's Market. And I didn't get pictures of any of these fun times.

Friday, I was feeling a bit stir crazy so I made a picnic dinner and we headed out to Lake Hefner.
This has been the most beautiful August I've ever seen here. The temps are nearly perfect.



We spent several hours playing at the park, eating dinner and taking a walk by the lake.  It was a perfect night.
Cam's still trying to figure out his new skates but he got pretty good on them by the end of the night!



What a beautiful family God has given me.  I am so richly blessed and thankful that we stopped our busyness to enjoy each other. We should do this more often!

2 comments:

Granny & Paw Paw said...

What a glorious day! Precious memories!

Leslie said...

I've been wanting to get over to Lake Hefner one of these days! I think the kids would have fun there.

I have never seen your cat snugged up like that before (the pic w/ Cait)!!