Well Planned Day

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Garden

It's been a long time since we started our garden. I am learning a lot this year as I try new things and pay more attention to the garden. I am prayerful that we will have a bumper crop this year!

Our mint is growing like crazy. Feel free to come by and get some! Everything else is growing quite well. The garden is full and green!

We have peas, beans and cucs beginning to bear fruit.




I learned what broccoli looks like when it flowers. Note: you're suppose to eat it before it flowers! We ate it anyway but it wasn't very yummy.




We have several jalapenos already. We also enjoyed a salad using lettuce from the garden. Meant to photograph that but I forgot!





We have 4 tomato plants in the raised bed and I planted one in a pot out front. The pot out front produced these beauties and then died. Maybe our other ones will do better. The dill, basil, chives and parsley are all still doing well. I am looking forward to pickling and salsa making in the near future!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Your garden is doing beautiful!!!! Very proud of your hard work!!!!

Leslie said...

Looking good!