
It's been a LONG time since I've been to a rock concert! There were SO many people and SUCH loud music! But it was so fun to jam out with Brendan. I love that he loves music and I'm so blessed that he loves Christian music! Caitlin rocked out to most of the music. Sure do wonder what that was like for her!!!
We actually got in pretty quick but there was a herd of people! The arena was filled full by the start of the concert!

(Lovely face, JC!)

I was a bit nervous when the third act came out and was what we used to call heavy metal. It made me feel old - it just wasn't enjoyable. But next came groups I recognized like Sidewalk Prophets and Newsong.
Then there was the Newsboys - whose lead singer is now Michael Tate from DC Talk. They sang some Newsboys songs and then broke out in some DC Talk songs. The Newsboys were for sure the most entertaining group of the night. Michael Tate was a great performer.

Then we heard 10th Avenue North (very enjoyable!) and the final act was...Third Day! I had forgotten how much I like Third Day and I loved that I knew all the songs that they sang.
I've been going through some struggles lately and it was so amazing, first of all, to praise our Lord and Savior with thousands of people. And as I listened to Third Day, I felt as if the Lord was telling me that my struggles were to bring me closer to him and to make my faith stronger.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. ~James 1:2-4
Third Day's song Creed says:
And I believe what I believe is what makes me what I am
I did not make it, no it is making me
It is the very truth of God and not the invention of any man
If what I believe is what makes me what I am, then I'll keep plugging along through these struggles, knowing that afterwards I will be able to stand MORE firm in what I believe.
...though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith - of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire - may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. ~1 Peter 1:6-7
I am so glad that God can use Brendan to get me to a concert to comfort me in my sadness. How great is that?!
3 comments:
glad that you had fun at the concert! sorry that you are going through some struggles/sad times... trusting that as you walk through it, you grow closer to Him. How awesome that you got to reflect on His goodness at a concert you went to with your son. He sure works in wonderful ways.
love you friend.
Well, I think it's adorable that you had posts close together that say "I'm a minivan Mom" and then one about how you went to a 'rock' concert ;) You're a great mom :)
ummmm, rock concerts with a teenager, I remember those days! Good Times!
Post a Comment