Well Planned Day

Friday, January 29, 2010

FOOD!

School was canceled Thur & Fri (for JC) due to the freezing rain, sleet and snow. So, it was a cold day spent mostly inside. What better is there to do than eat?!

First, I made some orange-cranberry bread. Oh-so-yummy with the melted butter!


JC (and a little help from the guys) made mozzarella cheese

And I started on cinnamon rolls. I started on them because it was about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour recipe! Stew was on the menu for dinner. We pulled out the sofa sleeper and watched Cody Banks and then Night in the Museum 2 while a fire slowly burned in the fire place. What fun times!!!

This morning, I got up to finish my cinnamon rolls. Here is where I got the recipe: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/cinammon_rolls_/


It makes SEVEN pans!!!


Of course Cameron was ready & willing to taste test everything!


In this picture the back 2 are iced, the front 2 haven't been iced yet.


We took 3 pans to neighbors and ate 1 pan for breakfast. DELISH!!! Well worth the work - but I think it won't be a frequent occurrence!

4 comments:

amanda said...

what a fun way to spend cold days!!

the bread looks really tasty!

those cinnamon rolls are such a mess to make... you are right, they are worth it...but not all the time!!

Leslie said...

Looks like lots of yummy food! I need to make some mozzarella soon... it's been far too long (I think since I was pregnant!).

mom said...

I'm so proud of you Jen... yeast batter!!!! They look yummy. Glad you guys have been toasty and warm with plenty to eat :-)

Michelle Murphy said...

Okay SuperWoman, stop showing the rest of us up (or at least me). :) Love you!