Well Planned Day

Monday, December 14, 2009

Sabbath Blessings

Have you ever wondered why the 4th Commandment is the only Commandment that we kind of ignore? Well, we've been wondering and thinking, reading and studying about the Sabbath for a couple weeks now. We don't have any firm conclusions, but we have tried hard to not work on Sunday, to have a day for rest and worship, in honor of our Lord. It's been challenging, it's been fun; it's been a real learning lesson for our family.

Yesterday, I sat and marveled at God's creation of my children. I'm so blessed by these guys!!!

They sat for about 1 hour playing legos together


When Bren wanted to play a computer game, I suggested he do some sort of art.


Cameron followed suite (he's trying to trace his hand)


We ended the evening with a bowling game on our new Wii (Thanks, Grandpa & Grandma Polliard!)




There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.
~Hebrews 4:9-11

3 comments:

amanda said...

that is interesting, I've been pondering the sabbath lately too... God wants us to rest, He commands us to; and yet so very few of us do.

Always an Adventure said...

I'm currently reading "Celebrating the Sabbath" written by Bruce Ray. It is a book sold by www.visionforum.com. Vision Forum is a great conservative Christian company.

Our Army of Six said...

Today we had our first TRUE "Sabbath" in a very long time. We went and had a time of worship and serving the Lord and then came home and literally just rested. It was a very special time and I did stop and think "This is how it SHOULD be!"