Well Planned Day

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Ostrich Egg Breakfast

Every year the Okc Zoo has an Ostrich Egg Breakfast the Saturday before Mother's Day. This year, Gramma & Papa took the boys, along with Jess, Aaron & Taelyn.

They have TONS of food and I think the omelets are actually made with Ostrich Eggs.


Cameron, being a young man that doesn't like eggs, went straight for the Krispy Kreme donuts!






Brendan's seconds...or maybe thirds?


Even though it was a bit rainy, I think all had fun!


The gorilla always loves to sit next to Cameron when he sits by the glass!


The Zoo has had a Dino exhibit for a couple of months but this was the first time for Cameron to see it.


This big T-Rex was robotic. It even roars!

Look at Cameron grabbing for his Papa!!!


It worried him a little!


After seeing this robotic T-Rex, Cameron frequently says, "That T-Rex was just a robot", "Dinosaurs aren't alive anymore" and other such factual statements. It's like he's reassuring himself that it wasn't real.
Driving one day this week, he began talking about them again. I asked, "Did it scare you" and he replied, "No. It made me nervous." What a funny thing to hear from a 2 year old!!!



Look! Taelyn (6 months old) is nearly as big as Cameron!!!

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Ugh! Alec wouldn't go in the dinosaur tent. He saw them only from a peep inside the door while we were waiting for the big kids to come out.

We thought he had forgotten, but now he is having dinosaur dreams at night. Maybe he is just going through a stage. But the big kids really liked the dinosaur thing.

My question is: Why put up a tent like that during tornado season in Oklahoma? I hope they have good insurance, because I can't see any of that stuff surviving a tornado.

amanda said...

that looks like an awesome time! I love the pics of Cam with the Krispy Kreme hat. So cute!

I wonder what Walker would think of the dinosaurs... I love how Cam is clinging onto his papa.

Hopefully his "nerves" will calm down ;)