Well Planned Day

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

End of Year Homeschool Party

Whew! I have enjoyed being the party planner for our Homeschool group this year. We had a nice Christmas cookie decorating party, a fun Valentine's day party and now our end of year cookout.

We originally scheduled this for the first Tuesday in May but it was rained out. So last Friday, we tried again.

JC & I were responsible for buying, bringing & cooking the meat. Everyone else signed up for side dishes, desserts, drinks.

"Everyone" ended up being about 100 people!!!

I think JC grilled for 2 hours straight!!! Here he is, 60 hamburgers and (I think) 80 dogs later...


See how much food 100 people can bring???!!!


I actually got Cameron to sit still for a whole 3 minutes!


Brendan, however, was quite busy on his new Ripstick. He loves that thing. It makes me very nervous!

The buns didn't mold and it didn't rain until about an hour after we left. So overall, I think it was an excellent way to end the year!

2 comments:

amanda said...

wow.

I was so far behind on my blog reading!

That is an incredible amount of food at that picnic! JC looks a bit shell-shocked after grilling =)

Richard said...

We are so proud of the work JC did. A lot of men would not want to do that much. That is really a lot of meat to cook. Great work!!!