Well Planned Day

Monday, April 27, 2009

Cameron Update

Don't you just love the contrast in that first Land Run picture? Bren & Cam...giant & shorty! ☺

I don't think I blogged about the visit to the GI specialist. He assured us that nothing was wrong with Cameron. Not even Celiac Disease. He told us that Cameron's report showed a wheat intolerance or allergy, but not Celiac. Hmmm...a years worth of testing, speculating, etc. and nothings wrong. It was a day to absorb.

The nutritionist is still coming out to weigh Cam every month. When I started tracking his data on my own, he was 23 pounds and 33.5" tall. That was December. In March, he was 23.12 pounds and up to 34.75" tall. In April, he was up to 25 pounds and 4.5 ounces! We are definitely seeing some growth in this little man. He is fitting a lot of the 3T clothes I bought for the summer and he's even got a little chub...little, but it's there!

We are still mostly wheat free in our house. Cameron is now allowed to enjoy some wheat products when were eating with others though. Overall, getting wheat out of the house really reduced our usage of processed foods and I'm sure that is a lot healthier for all of us.

We're thankful for all the prayers that were said for us during the last year. It is such a relief to see him grow and know that he is healthy.

1 comment:

amanda said...

I am glad it wasn't celiac... and also glad that you were able to make some healthy changes in your home. We could all use that!

I would like to have the same "chub" as Cam ;)

p.s. tell JC the words "harmless" and "spider" have no business EVER being in the same sentence =)