Well Planned Day

Friday, September 12, 2008

The Great State Fair of Oklahoma

Sights from the Great State Fair of Oklahoma
They have a great Aggtropolis Building. Lots of fun for kids! We missed the cow milking, though! Bummer!
I think chicken fried rice is top on Brendan's favorite food list!
The petting zoo was fun, even though Cameron was very cautious with the animals.
There were lots of baby animals!
Well, it was a good thing we had plans to go the the Oklahoma State Fair yesterday!

I was scooping food into the cats dish while the kids were getting into the car and I realized the vent wasn't blowing cold air. Sure enough, thermostat showed 78 degrees (I thought it was just the morning coffee making me warm!). So, I called the hubby, opened the windows, turned on the fans and took the kids to the Fair.

They had $1 addmission yesterday so we took a "field trip day" to check it out. We didn't ride rides, a little hard to do with the toddler but we checked out all the exhibit buildings, saw lots of farm animals, including the Express Clydesdales (no matter how many times I see them, they WOW me!) and people selling ALL kinds of things. We ate a very healthy lunch of chicken fried rice, a strawberry & cream crepe and a cinamon roll. Yummy!

We had a really nice time walking around. It was warm but overcast and sprinkled on us a couple times.

The air was fixed around 1:30 today...the house was in the mid-80's. A bit too warm for me. But, I am thankful that it wasn't 100+ outside and I am also thankful it cost less than $300 to fix.

1 comment:

Barbie said...

Looks like it was a great field trip. I love to look at all of the exhibits at the fair. I'm glad the air is fixed and all is well.