Lily is busy and curious. She loves, LOVES, books, puzzles, animals and their sounds, stacking games and other manipulatives. She doesn't say much with words but we've worked out our own little communication. She does say "balloon", "Mommy", "Daddy", "Bubby", "owl", "elmo" and "baby" (which still sounds a lot like daddy). She makes sounds for dog, cat, cow, horse and rooster. She signs "thank you", "please", "more" and her favorite word, "milk". *I forgot to tell you that she says "I love you" (or uh-vue) and loves to give kisses, too!
I have begun to slowly wean her and she is not at all happy about it. She would still nurse every hour if allowed. She's down to about 3 times during the day and 3-4 at night. (I look forward to my first full nights sleep in over 3 years...hopefully within the next year!)
She loves her sister, brothers, daddy and cats but definitely loves mommy the most. She doesn't care for strangers or strange settings and most men still worry her. She usually doesn't even want them looking at her.
She is a sweet girl and loves to help and be a part of all that big sister is doing. She travels pretty well and loves to sing and pray. She is always eager to hold hands for dinner prayer and sings (in her own way) our favorite family worship song, "10,000 Reasons".
We are so blessed to have our precious Lily. It's been quite the adventure and I'm sure we will have MANY more adventures! Love you, Lily Bit!

1 comment:
She's such a special big little girl! She's her Granny's doll!! Her beautiful, sensitive nature is one of the things that makes her special.
Post a Comment