Well Planned Day

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Cousin Science Club

 We have started a monthly Cousin Science Club!  We rotate who will teach, bring snacks and host.  This first time, I led and taught about plants.  Jess hosted and Les brought cute plant snacks.

We looked at plant pigment chromatography.  Using bok choy, swiss chard, daisy and hibiscus leaves and brussel sprouts, we saw the different pigments after putting some samples into alcohol.
The kids were happy to play during a small snack break.

 Above (clockwise) our plant diagrams, daisies and celery in food coloring, Les' scarfed snacks, leaf rubbings and our pigment samples. Below, the completed pigment study.
 And, we ended our plant study making elephant watering cans out of milk cartons.
I think it went well for all the combined energy that was bound up at Jess'.  I can't wait to see what we learn next!

1 comment:

Granny and PawPaw said...

Sure did look like fun! The elephant is so cute, and the the one holding it!!