Well Planned Day

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sunday at the Gardens & Park

Sunday, after lunch and naps, we went to the Crystal Bridge Tropical Conservatory and Myriad Gardens.  We purchased a Groupon membership for $36 (our regular price, 1 time admission would have been $25) and this was our first visit.  Not the best time of year to go, it's terribly hot, but we enjoyed it anyway.





After the Crystal Bridge, the kids played in the water in the gardens (before Cait fell and hit her head!)

Then the kids played on the play ground for a couple minutes while I tried to find ice with no luck.


The girls & I stayed home to rest while the guys went to church. Cait entertained herself with the hat & glove basket then both girls helped make lunch.


In between, I found some great finds thrift store shopping.  I've been wanting a picnic basket for a long time and found this baby for just $5!  I also got lots of clothes, kids books, some home decor to "pinterest" and a bag of craft supplies!

A very good day!

1 comment:

Granny said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time - that is, before the fall. That is the most fabulous picnic basket. Looks like an old fashioned kind, God blessed you with that find!