Well Planned Day

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Growing up

Brendan seems to be growing up a lot this year. First his booth at the convention; I saw hard work, dedication, commitment, sacrifice and his ability to handle disappointment when it comes.

Monday I took Brendan to his first interview. You might remember last year, when Brendan went through a 2 week Aviation Course at OU. This year, Brendan decided he would like to work as a volunteer with the younger kids in this course. His interview was Monday and it brought a lot of change in my heart. He hasn't been a baby in a LONG time but he sure is becoming a man fast! Today we learned he was accepted as a "staff intern" and he will begin his training soon. I am SO proud of this young man that God has blessed our family with. I just wanted to share that with you!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Oh, my, this is a real achievement! Richard and I are so proud of Brendan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This opportunity will open doors that at this moment we can't even begin to conceive.

amanda said...

awesome.... and kinda sad all at the same time... I think the right word is bittersweet.

Good for him, and for you mama, for allowing him to grow up!