Well Planned Day

Saturday, July 31, 2010

In Flight

This post should have been before the next one, but nonetheless, here it is.

Thursday was the BIG flying day at Sky High. Parents were invited to watch take off and landing. Because the class is in Norman, we got the whole family in the van at 7:30 a.m. to drop Brendan off by 8:30 and (after a quick trip to Starbucks and the bank) then watch take off at 9:30. Below is a picture of Brendan in class before they headed to the hanger.

OU Piper Warriors

Brendan and another kid flew with the pilot (blue shirt) and an OU student who helped with the class and is also a pilot.

Getting ready for take off.
The next three pictures Brendan took before his turn at the controls.



We didn't get pictures of taking off or landing because we took video. I'll try to upload them later. Here is Brendan after flight, though.



I just had to add a picture of Cait who got all dressed up for Brother's big flight!

1 comment:

amanda said...

you TOTALLY deserve the coolest BOY-MOM ever award! I don't know what teen boy (guy?) wouldn't think that was so awesome.

I mean really.

What a blessing for all of you to participate in such an exciting experience for Bren!

also, you could do some biographies about missionary pilots this year in school. just a thought, there are some fascinating stories out there ;)