Well Planned Day

Friday, February 25, 2011

Lessons Learned

I learned some lessons this week.

#1 - Even though I've avoided it until last week, I really like playing rock 'n roll on gaming systems!
Thanks, Chas, for convincing me to play Lego Rock Hero and Beatles Rock Hero (or whatever they're called) with you and the kids before leaving Little Rock!

#2 - It is hard to leave a wonderful friend, a great host and a beautiful, restful place.
I said we'd try to leave by noon, mentioned that I knew that probably meant 2 p.m.
It was 4 p.m. by the time we hit the road!

After playing some rock n' roll, we had lunch then strolled along wooded trails a couple streets down from our friend's house. It was overcast but the temps were perfect. A beautiful end to our trip!

#3 - Even though I LOVE to travel, I'm not so good at long drives with kids, when I'm the only driver.
In all, I figure we spent around 15 hours in the car last week. It didn't help that before we even got on the highway to come home, we ran into rain and "damaging winds with possible tornadoes". And our first hour was spent driving 12 miles because of a wreck!
#4 - Maybe you shouldn't pray for sunshine when driving west in the evening!
It's a bit blinding when it comes out! Most of the drive home was in the dark. There are lots of winding roads in Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma! Thank God for a safe trip home. I think I'm still recouping a little. We had such a fantastic trip, it was a little hard to come home. We are so grateful for good friends and fun adventures!

2 comments:

Granny said...

Traveling is always good but getting home is the best. Best of all is seeing pictures of the kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you deem us worthy the trek! We sure loved the visit. We would've GLADLY kept you another week or two! And I was happy to have my precious friend who enjoys God's beauty as much as I do to appreciate the trees and river with.

And I have to add this: I'm glad you played Rock Band with us. Ya gotta have a little rock before leaving Little Rock. hehe.

love ya to pieces!
Chas