Well Planned Day

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Welcome Spring Break!

JC's Spring Break officially began last night. We have 9 full days together before he gets back to the grind stone. But after that, he only has 9 more weeks of teaching, 1 week of cleaning up and finishing paperwork and then he'll be home for 2 months! Often the teaching job gets frustrated (not to mention the lack of pay) BUT the time we get to spend together sure is nice!

This past week, the boys and I took a quick trip to Lawton. Here's a picture of PawPaw and Cameron playing Cameron's "Game Boy".


I tell you what, this boy LOVES to dress up! He's always finding something to put on. This Batman shirt was found awhile ago but the mask just showed up in a friends bag of clothes she was giving away. Cameron has worn it almost nonstop for 3 days!



This morning, JC & I had almost 2 hours of quiet before Cameron woke up. Sitting in my favorite chair, I noticed the boys boots just sitting by the couch. It was very precious to my heart!


This week, I made my first splurge purchase for Caitlin. I wanted a pretty, girly hat for her when she's born. I wanted it for her newborn pictures, and I wanted it because my children are born without hair! So after searching high and low, I found this one on Etsy. And just to clarify, it was only $13.50 with shipping - BUT for me, spending that much on a non-essential item is a splurge. It arrived today and it's so pretty!!! I can't wait to see my precious baby in it!


And just for kicks, I thought I would give you my perspective. I feel much smaller looking at this angle than seeing my profile in a photo!
As of my doctor's appointment this week, I've only gained 11 pounds in 27 weeks. That's a LOT less than my previous pregnancies! My iron is low but I do not have gestational diabetes like the other 2 pregnancies.

2 comments:

amanda said...

I ADORE the boot picture! so sweet.

and the hat. I am glad you bought it. its good to have a little splurge from mommy & daddy for those first few pictures. you must be so thrilled when you look at it! it is adorable. she'll look so sweet in it!

Leslie said...

It's hard to avoid the splurges with a girl... watch out!