The day after my birthday we had a picnic with church friends after church.
Then we went to Martin Nature Park. Bren is volunteering there and the kids played at the play ground.
The mushroom cap that Bren & Cam are on spins. Bren was able to wedge his feet into the top of it and spin upside-down!
While Bren was in a meeting, this young lady let Cam & Cait rebuild the skink and frog habitats. This was a great treat for Cam, especially, and he's talked about it almost every day since.
Then Monday night, we went to the Great State Fair of Oklahoma. I love the fair. I miss going on lots of rides (as I would have as a child) but I still enjoy going.
The kids and I went around 4 and checked out a few things. Then Lily took a short nap while we waited for JC to meet us after work.
The last couple years we've gone on the same night they have a Christian artist playing. This year it was The Afters. We had a great time listening to there music (from a distance so Lily wouldn't freak out too bad).
She wanted Daddy's turkey leg! Cam & Cait had fun "dancing" at the concert!
We didn't get any rides in this year but Cam & Bren did chase each other through an inflatable!
And finally, my sister brought me this beautiful and delicious cake for my birthday. I spread out celebrating it as long as I could.
My best birthday gift is family and the adventures we have!





1 comment:
What a busy - busy week! Sure am proud of Brendan volunteering his time at the park. Love the picture of Lily on top of the mushroom. Both PawPaw and I when we saw the picture of Cameron looking through the telescope had the same identical thought - Oh my, looks just like Sidney B. - he spent his whole life with one pant leg in the boot and the other out. It was his signature, along with his cocked hat. That white birthday cake must had had fresh flowers on it; it was so beautiful. I hope it tasted as good as it looked.
Post a Comment