Last weekend, we rearranged some furniture. Since Cait is in the bottom bunk now, the toddler bed moved to storage. I moved the kids bookshelf, that has been in our hall for 5 years, into the kids room. It made this perfect little reading area for Cait and Cam. I have some plans for that area to make it more fun and I can't wait to work on them! Cait already enjoys her nook.
Lily is now in the jumparoo. She loves to jump.
Monday: Name Murals
We took canvases and using paint tape, wrote their names.
Then they finger painted.
While it was drying, the got out all the stuffed animals!
Here's Cam's finished painting! I hung them in the reading nook.
Lily tried out the high chair.
It didn't last long!
Tuesday: Spray Bottle painting on a white sheet (thrift store for .99¢).
Lily sits up!
Tuesday was our wedding anniversary. We had dinner with the kids and then we let Bren put the kids to bed while JC & I snuck off (with Lily) to have some appetizers at Hefner Grill. We timed it perfect and we were able to watch the sun set on Lake Hefner while we dined on the patio. It was a nice evening.
All week, Cam had his swim lessons in Choctaw. He really improved a lot. Friday we watched the Summer Movie Fun with the Ablas and JC even joined us! Afterwards, the kids took their Summer Reading Program coupon to get cupcakes from Sara Sara (not so impressed). Friday was also Bren's last day of work and they had an ice cream party afterwards.
Saturday: JC & I celebrated our anniversary again by going to Chapel Creek Vineyard in El Reno.
It was very pretty and the owners were so nice. It was a great morning. Gramma and Grampa watched all the kids so we could have a kid-free outing. Then Bren had bass lessons (he's getting SO good!) and after that I took the boys to meet Granny and PawPaw in Chickasha.
I wanted to post a picture of the preschool play that I've made. The dinosaurs and clothespins I made for Cam when he was younger. Cait likes them now. This helps their motor skills to work the clothespins and color matching. Lids and bottles, Cait likes to take the lids off but hasn't learned how to put them back on yet. This helps those motor skills and matching. And the egg carton colored to match some puff balls along with a set of tongs that I got at the thrift store for .29¢. Cait likes to pick up the puffs with the tongs. This is great for motor skills and color matching as well. All of these are great "quiet" toys for Cait to play with during church. If you have other ideas, please share!

2 comments:
So many creative ideas! You trip to the vineyard looked so enjoyable.
Looks like a fun week!
Post a Comment