Well Planned Day

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Meet Cam's friend: Spidey

This is Spidey. Or Goldy.
It depends on if you ask Cam or daddy.
She has made her home above my mint garden.
I no longer get mint from the garden.
Now, THIS, is an evil, nasty thing that prevented me from growing tomatoes.
Well, this one and many more.
Go ahead. Click on the picture to get a better view of'em.
Another shot of Spidey.
And her glorious web.
(Sorry Amanda, hope this doesn't make you queasy.)
This is Cam's hand, holding the evil, nasty thing.
He's about to toss it into the web and feed Spidey.
Things I would NEVER do before I became a homeschool mom!
It took Spidey all of 30 seconds to wrap that sucker up and have a big, fat dinner.
For fun, daddy & Cam also feed Spidey (or Goldy) junebugs, flies and well, anything else they can catch. It's been an interesting learning experience, to say the least.

3 comments:

Janetta said...

Ohhhhh....I was going to tell you how exciting for you to hatch a butterfly, but then the spider ate it. :( Oh well, the spider wrapping it up was cool, too!

Our Army of Six said...

We had those evil nasty things that ate our tomatoes too. Neat pics!!

amanda said...

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS!!!

I mean, really? How can I come back by this blog when you put up such offensive material?

I'm kidding (a little bit). And for the first time since we've moved I'm glad I can't swing by your house for a bit this afternoon. You name spiders? Wow.

It is true, they can be amazing - from a distance. And I guess its probably some awesome homeschool material, huh?